Saturday, May 5, 2007

Yankees Fans are Getting what they Deserve

I have no problem with being annoyed with players on a team. I do it almost everyday! (Todd Wellemeyer, I am staring straight at you) But when you chose one of the best players on your team to rag on, that's when it bugs me.

Alex Rodriguez has spent the past few months as the sports world's red headed step child, getting smacked all over the place for his lack of "clutchiness." Yankee fans have one of the best (if not the best) third basemen on their team, and yet they continued to rag on him and diss on him as if he's Angel Berroa. That makes me angry.

I guess it's made A-Rod angry, too, because he's already hit 14 home runs, accumulated 37 RBI, an OBP of .427 and his SLG is .835. He's doing everything he can to win games for his team, and they are at dead last in their division. Not only that, they've only won 2 more games than the Royals.

Welcome to the club, Yankee fans. Welcome to a team that, despite a few positive contributions, can't put it together. I bet you feel pretty stupid for dissing on him now, right? Because I know I would be. And if you're not feeling stupid and still feel like he's the worst player on your team, just send him our way. He's too good to have fans of his team treating him like shit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You made them win today...

Bodjo said...

Heh, yes, there's some karmic justice in the Yankees being terrible while Rodriuez lights it up. Yanks fans always were nuts to be so unappreciative of one of the better players in baseball. They're certainly getting theirs now.